Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim
“And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear therof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.” (Quran 24:31).
Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim
“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59)
Allah s.w.t loves us that much he has given us something to help protect us from being objectified and yet so many of us fail to recognise this...why, if Allah s.w.t. has expressly stated to draw your clothes over your bodies so as not to expose your beauty (shape of your body, curves, skin, etc.) do I see so many hijabis wearing skinny jeans with a three-quarter length sleeve top and hijab this defeats the whole purpose.
Hijab is to cover your body not display it...it should:
- cover your skin completely (no three-quarter length sleeves, low-cut tops exposing part of the neck, no transparent tops i.e. chiffon tops, etc)
- cover the shape of your body (no skinny jeans without at least a knee-length dress covering the bum area, shape of the hips and thighs, no knee-length skirts, etc.)
- cover your hair of course and body so nothing is showing
- DO cover up in long and loose knee-length tops
- DO wear long-sleeve t-shirts if you are wearing a short-sleeve style top
- DO wear arm coverings if it too hot to wear a long-sleeve t-shirt and you are wearing a three-quarter length sleeve top
- DO wear maxi dresses (provided they are not tight) and ladies if you are going to wear a belt then opt for a skinny belt so when you put it on you can pull part of the dress so it does not emphasise the shape of your breasts and remains loose.
- DO wear maxi skirts either in cotton or denim they are perfect for spring/summer or work and can be dressed up or down
- DO wear a longer than usual blazer if in a professional environment and ensure either your trousers are not tight and/or your skirt is long enough so as not to display any part of your body
- DON'T wear skinny jeans with at least some sort of covering from the area of your chest to at least your knees...this is NOT hijab!!!
- DON'T wear low-cut tops to expose your chest
- DON'T wear 'half-hijab'...you ladies know what I mean, where you wear hijab but you have your recently styled fringe on display for the world to see...again...NOT hijab!!!
- DON'T wear tight dresses
- DON'T wear tight tops especially ones that do not have full-length sleeves
- DON'T wear tons of makeup...not classy
- DON'T wear a litre of perfume
argh!!! enough said on this picture!!! NOT hijab!!! i repeat NOT, NOT, NOT hijab...phew glad we got thaty one cleared up...lol ; )